Thursday, March 29, 2007

Poor country rich people

1 plate mo: mo: - Rs. 25
A cup of tea - Rs 6
1 plate chowmin- Rs 30
These are the price lists of some common food items that you can get at most of the restaurants out here in Nepal. Then there are places where the prices of same items are not double but more that triple the above rates. Places like Jeans CafĂ©, Himalayan Java, Grasshopper, ND’s etc. are just few of the names where the prices of food items touch the sky. Still these places are packed with people, especially young generation guys and girls like to visit these places and spend their parent’s money over the expensive food items to keep up their reputation among their circle.
Nepal as most of the people know is a very poor country. Well, I don’t know about the country, but as a citizen of Nepal I sure can say that the people of this country aren’t poor at all and I can bet on that. I myself don’t have a job, yet I go to such places quite often with my friends and I don’t regret at all for spending on expensive food items though I know that I can get the same food at a lot cheaper price elsewhere.

0 comments: