Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Late review of the finals

I am always late. Where ever I go, whenever someone calls me to meet … I am late. I am late in getting the information and also I am late at transmitting the information. I know that the news that San Antonio Spurs have become the 2007 NBA champions is an old one, but still I couldn’t resist writing about it. I feel that my blog will be incomplete without the review of the Finals.

Spurs won game 4 against the Cavaliers to get a 4-0 lead over Cavs and take home the NBA title. Game 4 was a close call and Spurs won the game just by a point. The final score was 83-82. Manu Ginobili was the highest scorer scoring 27 points, Peter Parker – 24 points and Tim Duncan -12 point along with 15 rebounds. For the losing team, King James scored 24 points despite of 10 out of 30 shooting.

Spurs really deserved to be the champions. They are over all strongest team. My only regret is that Pistons didn’t make it to the finals. Had it been Pistons instead of Spurs, the outcome might have been different. Anyways, French guard Peter Parker was declared the MVP as he became the first ever European player to become the Most Valuable Player.

The 2007 season is now over and I hope that the next season also bring the same excitement and thrill that NBA always brings.

0 comments: