Saturday, July 14, 2007

Marvel Comics buries Captain America

I don’t usually read newspaper, just headlines and if the headline is interesting or familiar for me then may be I’ll read the whole news. Well, similar is the case today. I was in my language class yesterday and I came across a heading of ‘City Post’ - ‘Marvel Comics buries Captain America’. When I was a kid I used to watch cartoons and read comics a lot. Some of my favorite comic stars are ‘The fantastic four’, ‘Captain America’, ‘Spiderman ’, ‘Superman’ and ‘Flash’. I grew up watching them and learnt a lot too.

Usually, comic stars don’t die out. I mean they don’t exist for real, so how can they die? I am not a kid now and I don’t watch cartoons or read comics anymore. But still when I heard that Captain America is no more, a part of me was sad. He was a good man and provided a load of entertainment to millions of his fans. Though in comic world, but still… he saved humanity from the villains numerous times and now he is dead.

In the drizzling rain at Arlington National Cemetery, thousands of grieving patriots solemnly watch as the pallbearers – Iron Man, the Black Panther, Ben Grimm and Ms. Marvel carried the casket draped with an America flag. Yes readers, in the latest issue of Marvel Comics’, Captain America was buried. He was a great guy and real hero for many so let’s take a moment to pay tribute to one of the greatest child of the Earth.

0 comments: