Friday, August 24, 2007

AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER

I once heard saying that you are only as young or old as you feel you are. In other words, it’s up to you to act the age you wish to be. And yet despite however incitement this may perpetuate, my outlook as a child was a quite the opposite. I wanted to grow old quicker! Why? Well let’s just say that as a youngster, being older appeared to have its greater share of benefits. Adults are independent and therefore able to get what they want. Being an adult also meant gaining more friends and being more attractive to the opposite sex. Becoming old is not merely a function of time. It is a function of continuous learning in culture and lifestyle. This means educating myself using books, TV and internet etc. When I was a child, curiosity of the unknown was the bane to my entire question, but as I matured this nature faded so that my role was reversed in that I become the knowledgeable individual. In many ways it was these very same questions that revealed my true age and made me believe that it if we wish revert the aging process and feel younger, we must return to this childlike state of interest. I want to stop drawing conclusions and instead start wondering. Why do I not understanding?

0 comments: