Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sunny’s first program

It’s the last semester of our BIM and the happy news is that Sunny, at last has done his first program. I’ve already mentioned in several of my previous posts that BIM (Bachelor in Information Management) is somewhat a mix-cut of Management and IT. In it, I guess we’ve been programming since second semester. In 2nd sem we did C programming, then in third DSA and then HTML, ASP, JAVA and several database related applications (Access, SQL server, Oracle). But still some of my friends don’t have the slightest idea about programming. They always have said that they will go for management… computer is not my type… and bla bla bla.

Sunny has always wanted to do programming… that’s what he always used to say to me, to teach him programming which of course I never did. I don’t remember it quite clearly but I think it was in 4th sem that asked me to teach him HTML and ASP which we learnt in 3rd sem. In 3rd he was after C, which obviously we learnt in 2nd sem and like wise. I always thought that he was never serious about programming in the first place. I meant, we have passed 7 semesters, learnt more that 4 programming languages and still there are more media files (mp3s and movies) in his computer than the program files.

But whatever be the past today is what counts most and today Sunny did his first C# program, all by himself, nobody helped him or typed the codes for him. He did it all by himself and he was very happy. Well, that’s a good sign… really I mean it. Lets see how many more he will do?

0 comments: