Friday, May 11, 2007

Bluetooth

Almost everybody is familiar with Bluetooth nowadays. It’s one of the most talked about subject in my country “Nepal”. It’s my exam time and I was studying one of my subjects “High Speed Networking and Multimedia Communication” when I came across this topic – Bluetooth. I read it pretty well and I think now I know a lot of stuffs about it that I was unaware of while just using it in my mobile.

Bluetooth is the short-range radio frequency (RF) technology that operates at 2.4GHz and capable of transmitting voice, audio and other forms of data. Bluetooth devices are anticipated to increase further to provide greater bandwidth and distances. Many controversies are there regarding the security during transmission through Bluetooth. Bluetooth is extremely secure as it employs several layers of encryption and user authentication measures. The transmission schemes used i.e. Frequency Hoping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) provides another level of security in itself. Another concern is regarding interface with other RF devices which share same frequency like microwave, oven, cordless phones, etc. Bluetooth radio switches frequencies at such rapid pace (1600 timed per second) and the data packets are so small that interferences from other RF sources are highly unlikely.

So, now that you’ve got very much information about Bluetooth … switch on your Bluetooth and transmit this information to everybody.

0 comments: